The Bar Council of India has notified the Bar Council of India Legal Education (Post-Graduate, Doctoral, Executive, Vocational, Clinical and other Continuing Education), Rules, 2020.
- Legal Education excluded from the ambit of Higher Education Commission of India (HECI) and its regulatory arm of National Higher Education Regulatory Council (NHERC), the newly proposed umbrella apex body institution by the Education Policy, 2020
- LL.M. to be of two years spreading over four semesters.
- One Years LL.M. Course abolished
- LL.M. restricted to Law graduates only.
- BCI will conduct a Post Graduate Common Entrance Test in Law for admission in LL.M. in all the Universities.